ACN takes the privacy of our Independent Business Owners and customers seriously. We are committed to safeguarding your privacy while providing You with high-quality services and products.
Your Consent to Use Personal Data
We use your Personal Data only with your consent. You may withhold or withdraw your consent for ACN to process your Personal Data. Certain Personal Data is required for Us to provide services or products to You or to meet our legal obligations, and your withholding or withdrawal of consent to use this Personal Data may prevent ACN from providing the services and products that You have ordered. Other Personal Data is not required for Us to provide services or products to You but is used by Us to provide You with better service or for marketing, communications, and other purposes. You are not required to consent to this use of your Personal Data. We will advise You which Personal Data You must provide and which is optional. By using ACN’s websites, you consent to the collection of certain information. See How Do We Collect Information? below.
What Information Do We Collect?
The Personal Data and other information that we process varies depending on your relationship with ACN. Among the Personal Data and other information that We may collect is the following:
• Company details
• Residential and business address
• Date of birth
• National identification number
• Telephone number
• IP and MAC addresses and browser information
• Email address
• Banking details, credit or debit card information, or other information needed to process payments to or from You
• Demographic information such as your profession, hobbies, education, gender, ethnicity, and income. This type of information is never mandatory.
• Other identifying information
How Do We Collect Information?
We collect Personal Data and other information from You in a variety of ways, including:
• the submission of Personal Data by You to ACN through our websites ;
• the submission of a paper or online order for ACN services or products;
• the submission of an Independent Business Owner Agreement;
• when We and You communicate by email, telephone, fax, chat line, or otherwise; and
• provision of your Personal Data to ACN by ACN’s business partners.
ACN will not contact You by telephone or email to request information such as credit card numbers, account numbers, passwords and pin codes. We recommend that you do not open or respond to e-mails requesting this type of information and that you contact ACN if You receive such a request.
How Do We Use Your Personal Data?
ACN processes Personal Data for a variety of purposes, including:
• to verify, process, and administer your orders for ACN services and products
• to ensure a secure ordering process and to conduct credit checks in connection with your purchase or usage of ACN services and products
• to maintain our commercial relationship with You, including provision of billing and customer services
• to analyze, understand, and respond to your service needs
• to improve the products and services that We offer to You and to develop new products and services
• to identify product and services offered by other companies that We believe might be of interest to You
• to meet our legal and regulatory obligations and to protect ACN’s legal and financial interests (including fraud detection and prevention)
• for the provision of services to our Independent Business Owners and compliance with our contractual obligations to Independent Business Owners
• to facilitate financial, accounting and administrative functions
• to send commercial and marketing communications to You about services and products from ACN and ACN business partners that We believe may be of interest to you.
We may provide your Personal Data to governmental authorities in response to specific requests from those authorities or as part of statistical and analytical reports.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Data?
ACN keeps your Personal Data as long as it is required for the purposes for which it was initially collected. In certain cases We may need to keep your Personal Data for a minimum period to comply with legal requirements. We do not keep your Personal Data longer than permitted by law.
Where and How Do We Store Your Personal Data?
Your Personal Data is stored by ACN on secure computer servers located in The Netherlands, Poland, and/or Sweden. Some Personal Data is transferred to our parent company and affiliates of ACN outside the European Union, including the United States. See Transfer of Personal Data to Third Parties below. All Personal Data is stored according to industry standards. See Security below.
Transfer of Personal Data to Third Parties
ACN may transfer your Personal Data to members of the ACN Group located outside of the European Union, including the United States. Our parent company, ACN Inc., is registered with Safe Harbor Program. A copy of ACN’s registration can be found at www.export.gov/safeharbor.
ACN has implemented technological and organizational measures to safeguard your Personal Data from unauthorized or improper access during collection and while it is in our possession. Sensitive information (such as gender, ethnicity, and financial information) is subject to heightened security measures. You should also take measures to safeguard your Personal Data by maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password, logging out of ACN websites, closing your web browsers when You have concluded your online activities, and not providing your Personal Data to persons that are unfamiliar to You.
ACN and You may communicate by email or chat and these communications may at times contain Personal Information. While it is illegal to intercept or disclose the contents of email and chat communications, these communications are not secure. We recommend that you do not send sensitive information, such as financial information, by email or chat, and we will not ask you to provide this information in this manner.
Your Right to Access Your Personal Data
You have the right to access your Personal Data, to correct your Personal Data if the information that We have is erroneous, and in some cases to delete your Personal Data. You may obtain a copy or correct or request deletion of your Personal Data by contacting our Privacy Officer at email@example.com or by writing to:
ACN Europe B.V.
Thomas R. Malthusstraat 1-3
1066 JR Amsterdam
We may impose reasonable restrictions on requests for access to or to correct your Personal Data and We may charge You a reasonable fee as permitted by law for provision of your Personal Data. If you request deletion of your data, We may not be able to provide services and products to You. We are permitted to keep certain of your Personal Data in order to meet our legal, financial, audit, and business needs, even if you request its deletion.
Limitation of Liability
Issue Date: 1 June 2015